The company discloses how it contributes to corporate citizenship in the regions in which it conducts its core business activities.
Our corporate mission provides the origins of our social activities. The mission is focused worldwide on supporting women and children in their education and self-esteem. On the basis of this mission, we support selected projects both locally, regionally and internationally and thus contribute to social development. Our social commitment comprises four pillars:
Financial support (donations):
- We have been working with World Vision on the topic of "Women Empowerment" since 2015 and in 2017, we initiated two projects of our own: one in Guatemala and another one in the Philippines.
- We have also been supporting the organization "Children's Villages in Lithuania" (Kinderdörfer in Litauen) since 2014.
- Since 2017, We have been supporting Andheri Aid in a development project in India to improve the life prospects of the local people who make a living from mica mining.
Employee donations: another form of financial support for projects that benefit women and children. These are proposed by the employees themselves. Employees can submit their own heart-felt project for a cosnova donation of up to 5,000 Euros if the proposed project meets specific criteria.
- Product donations can, for example, benefit people in need nationwide via the "Tafel Deutschland e.V." association.
- cosnova makes two working days per year available to each employee for social commitment. It is up to the employee whether he or she joins the company's own activities or whether he or she uses the two days for private volunteer work.
The company’s own projects include, for example:
- the cooperation between Malteser International Frankfurt, the Viktor-Frankl-Schule (VFS), Frankfurt, and cosnova, which started in 2012. The Viktor Frankl School is a school for children with learning difficulties in Frankfurt's Dornbusch area. Children and adolescents who are entitled to special educational support in the areas of physical and motoric development as well as learning or mental development are taught at the school. Four joint excursions are organized each year, during which the VFS pupils are accompanied by cosnova staff to various events (Palmengarten, Lochmühle, Hessenpark, a join-in circus, etc.).
Corporate citizenship We see ourselves as a "good neighbor" in the Main-Taunus District and like to support social projects in the immediate vicinity of our headquarters in Sulzbach/Taunus. Examples of our regional commitment are:
- financial support (donations) for running events for charity purposes
- product donations at official girls' meetings in the region or by providing products for raffles with a charitable aim (often kindergartens, schools or sports clubs)
- donated working hours as part of the corporate volunteering activities of cosnova employees described above