Since June 2012 Rentenbank has had a guiding principle in place which provides an orientation for a framework for action and the Bank’s basic principles for ethical and sustainable conduct. We subscribe to a sustainable development of agriculture and rural areas, the promotion of our own value creation, and social engagement as an employer and good corporate citizen. Rentenbank’s guiding principle contains the following promises and convictions:
- Customer focus: The interests of the end borrower are the focus of our work.
- Efficiency: We work with costs in mind and using the best process possible.
- Expertise: We know what we are doing in agribusiness and funding of agricultural projects
- Prudence: We protect our promotional activity by taking risks with utmost caution.
- We take responsibility.
- We act with respect.
- We base our relationships on trust.
- We promote commitment through participation and transparency.
Our code of conduct
requires all our employees to act in a lawful and sustainable way, as well as with integrity. Furthermore, the code clarifies the ban on bribery and corruption and how to deal with invitations, gifts and other such benefits. Rentenbank also has guidelines on data protection and the prevention of corruption and other crimes as well as money laundering and funding of terrorism. All employees are trained on the content of these guidelines on an annual basis.
Rentenbank’s 'Guidelines for management and cooperation' reflect the basic principles for a respectful and appreciative collaborative environment.