The company discloses what qualitative and/or quantitative as well as temporally defined sustainability goals have been set and operationalised and how their level of achievement is monitored.
The recently adopted sustainability strategy (cf. criterion 1) is underpinned by the official framework of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
In the course of a systematic democratic process with various high level member representatives that came together in the Strategic Working Committee Sustainability in 2019 (cf. criterion 5), six priorities were gradually pointed out as shown below:
Promotion of Equal Opportunities for all Genders in Leadership (SDG 5)
All Employees shall Feel Included and Respectfully Treated (SDG 10)
- Raise status quo through a gender balance survey 2019
- Conduct interviews with high performance INPACS members in order to identify enabling environments and best practices
- Build a platform for best practice sharing (cf. criterion 15)
Protect Labour Rights and Safe and Secure Working Environments within our Operations and along the Supply Chain (SDG 8)
- Conduct a global employee survey on a regular basis (cf. criterion 14 and 15)
- Monitoring of accident rates as well as labour and human rights performance of INPACS members using EcoVadis evaluations
- Obligatory EcoVadis minimum achievement of silver recognition level 54/100 as of 2021
- Local audit in case of constantly low performance
Along Supply Chain:
- Sustainability risk analysis of INPACS suppliers using EcoVadis evaluations
- Local factory audit of low performers
(cf. criterion 14 and 17)
Make a Contribution to the Reduction of Waste Generation; Create Awareness and Inform as well as Encourage all Relevant Actors along the Supply Chain from Product Selection to Disposal (SDG 12)
Significantly Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions on Local, National and International Level to Combat Climate Change and its Impacts (SDG 13)
- Create a Sustainability Program for our customers including a Sustainability Analysis and Reporting along the customers’ value chain
- Develop a sustainable range – both with respect to own and other brands as well as sustainable concepts
- Initiate a web-based interactive Sustainability Knowledge Platform (cf. criterion 10 and 12)
Build Partnerships that Support our Engagement for the SDGs (SDG 17)
- Elaboration of GHG reports by INPACS head office and members
- Definition of ambitious reduction action plans (cf. criterion 13)
- Build an active partnership programme with the UN
- Build effective partnerships with the relevant stakeholders that help promoting transparency and sustainability awareness, anticipating respectively contributing to regulation and standards, building independent knowledge as well as improving our sustainability performance (cf. criterion 9)
Overall, SDG 8 and 12 received the most votes, because apparently these two are the biggest levers for creating sustainable impact within our business.
The INPACS sustainability department is responsible for regular reviewing and benchmarking the progress of the implementation of the strategic goals.