The company discloses what qualitative and quantitative goals it has set itself with regard to its resource efficiency, in particular its use of renewables, the increase in raw material productivity and the reduction in the usage of ecosystem services, which measures and strategies it is pursuing to this end, how these are or will be achieved, and where it sees there to be risks.
Fenix Outdoor and its entities jointly base their actions on the following aspects:
• Reducing CO2 emissions, including energy efficiency measures in all major Fenix locations, and retro-fitting in stores
• Improving our selection of sustainable materials (in collaboration with the Sustainable Apparel Coalition) and applying the Higg Index suite of tools (e.g. the Material Sustainability Index, Design and Development Module, Product Footprint tool, etc.)
• Extending our partnership with a textile recycler (I:Collect) and developing our own packaging and logistics project
• Strengthening our suppliers’ application of the Higg Index Facility Environmental Module (FEM)
• Continuing to eliminate hazardous chemicals and continuously updating the groupwide Chemicals Guidelines
• Furthering the use of consumer-facing information/scoring systems in our supply chain management and retail business.
As stated earlier: for us the risks from Climate Change and unsustainable resource exploitation rank highest on the agenda.